The Ford Expedition has been a leader in the Full-Size SUV segment since it was introduced in the late 1990s. With its high towing capabilities and luxurious interior options, it’s the go-to option for shoppers needing an SUV with the best balance of power, comfort, spaciousness, and luxury.
For the 2015 model year, in addition to upgrades like the refreshed exterior design and the addition of the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost to the lineup, Ford has added a new top-of-the-line package to the Expedition lineup: The 2015 Ford Expedition Platinum.
The Expedition Platinum (which will also be available on Expedition EL), offers the great features you would expect from the Expedition, plus a new level of style and capability.
The exterior styling of the Expedition Platinum includes:
- Satin Aluminum outer grille with bright chrome inserts
- Bright chrome rear applique with Satin Aluminum accent bar
- Halogen projector-beam headlamps
- LED fog lamps
- Chrome door handles
- Exterior mirrors with chrome caps
- Available Power-deployable stainless steel running boards
- 20-in polished aluminum wheels, with 22-in wheels available
- Large chrome exhaust tip
Inside, the Platinum package features:
- Ambient Lighting
- Standard Power Moonroof
- Available Brunello Leather-trimmed interior, chrome and wood accents
- Fold-flat-to-the-floor PowerFold Third Row Seats
- Platinum badging scuff plates with Satin Aluminum Inserts
- Standard Technologies on Platinum:
- SYNC with MyFord Touch
- Truck Apps
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System)
- Intelligent Access Key with Push Button Start
- Voice Activated Navigation System with HD Radio
- Audio System from Sony
- Forward Sensing System
- Remote Start System
Related Feature: SYNC Voice Command System
Plus, theres one more feature that’s available on the Platinum that I’m personally pretty excited to try out: Continuously Controlled Damping. Basically, CCD allows drivers to select from three suspensions damping modes – Comfort, Normal or Sport. The suspension then automatically adjusts, improving driving dynamics and increasing the fun factor. This system does require the 22-inch wheel upgrade, but really, is that such a bad thing? 🙂
Browse our inventory of New Ford Expeditions near Asheville NC.